After giving birth to three petite little girls, my husband and I decided that for our next birth, we would go "natural" before and hopefully after the birth. Well, I gave birth to a very healthy baby boy, weighing 8 pounds! The birth was an easy feat without drugs, but afterwards was another story! I had always taken my Vicodin after the birth of my girls (I was not breastfeeding), but this time I was nursing and did not want to take a narcotic. My doula and midwife suggested I check out herbs available to me, and so I contacted Herb Lore. They took much time to suggest a wonderful remedy for me - Postpartum Sitz Bath Herbs. But instead of taking a sitz bath with them, I followed the instructions for making a "tea" of the herbs and using sanitary pads to soak up some of the brew. I then froze the pads and wore them throughout the day and night. (Complete instructions are on the product label.) It was a WONDERFUL relief. I took no narcotics and unlike medication, I could use the pads as much as needed. I wish I had known about this technique after I had my girls! Timmy was my biggest baby, most pleasant birth, and easiest recovery (thanks to Herb Lore's herbs!!!). J.Y.
Herb Lore honors birthworking professionals!
We know how hard you work to provide high-quality care to your special clients, and we want to make your job a little easier. We would like to offer all birthworkers who have active practices working with clients a free All-Access Membership to our website. This will include:
- 15% discount on all online orders
- Access to all in-depth Premium Articles
- Listing in our FREE online nation-wide Find a Practitioner directory (if you'd like to be listed and advertised to help birthing families find you and your services)
- Access to our herbalist, Pam Caldwell, for any of your questions or to get her specialized expertise
- Subscription to our information-packed newsletters
- To qualify for Professional Membership status, you must be a practicing Birth Professional.
- Please submit a completed application (below). You will be notified of your status shortly.