(If plugged ducts are a problem, please see detailed information on the Poke Root information, or Plugged Ducts, Mastitis, or our Over-Production, Weaning or Stopping or Decreasing Milk Production articles, all of which are more comprehensive and detailed articles found in the Premium Articles section.)
Herb Lore's Sage products are all organic or wildcrafted, contain no caffeine, preservatives or additives, and are of the freshest and highest quality possible. The tea comes in a tamper-evident, resealable pouch, which is air-tight and moisture-proof to keep your tea in the freshest condition possible! This tea is also available in a convenient liquid extract (tincture) form, which comes in a regular alcohol-base or in a non-alcohol version. Alcohol-based tinctures extract more of the medicinal properties of the herbs, making them a little more potent and effective, and are safe for use by pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. The amount of alcohol per dose is the equivalent of eating a very ripe banana.
Sage is also one of the best herbs used to alleviate hot flashes. See our Premium Article Hot Flash Helps.
Herb Lore's Sage Tea and Sage Tinctures contains 100% organic Sage Leaf. Sage works to decrease the flow and production of breastmilk production and is beneficial for use for nursing mothers going through the weaning process, in cases of fetal demise, or by nursing mothers who experience an over-production of breastmilk.
NOTE: Sage Tea and Tincture are safe for nursing mothers and their babies, but are not recommended for those who are pregnant, due to Sage's possible uterine stimulating effects.
Suggestions for use:
For curbing over-production, it is recommended to start with a very low dose of ½ cup of tea or 10-15 drops of tincture twice a day. If this doesn't bring the desired decrease, continue to slowly increase the amount of herb until the desired balance is achieved. If you find that you've taken too much of the herb and it's decreased your production more than you wanted, just decrease the herb, and your production will bounce right back up. As each body is different and reacts differently, experiment with the dosage levels until you find the right balance for you. Results should become apparent within a day or two.
For weaning purposes, or to stop breastmilk production altogether, it is recommended to start with one cup of tea three times a day, or two droppersful of tincture three times daily. (Two droppersful of tincture equal one cup of tea.) Increase the dosage levels as necessary to achieve the desired results. Results should be apparent in a day or two.
For alleviating hot flashes, start with one cup of tea 2-3 times a day or two droppersful of the tincture 2-3 times a day. Feel free to adjust this dosage according to results. Everybody’s bodies are all different.
Over-Production, Weaning, and Stopping or Decreasing Milk Supply. In this informative article, you will learn:
- Herbs you can use to correct breastmilk over-supply so that you have just the right amount for your baby’s needs.
- How to use herbs to stop your milk supply for weaning.
- How to stop milk supply in cases of fetal demise or adoption.
Hot Flash Helps In this informative article, you will learn:
- What triggers hot flashes.
- Herbs that can be used to cool the heat!
- Dietary recommendations that help and those to avoid
- Herbs that bring immediate results, and herbs that help alleviate the situation on a deeper level, bringing longer-lasting relief.
- What items you can use together.
- Plugged Ducts
Increasing Breastmilk Production: The Expanded & In-Depth Version
- use herbs to increase milk production ONLY when mastitis is resolved.
- For those who over-produce, it will help them know what herbs to avoid.
- Sore Nipples
Products Discussed in this Article
Related Articles (open for public viewing)
- this herb can knock out a breast infection usually in 24 hours, without the need for antibiotics.
- Herbs to Avoid During Pregnancy and Lactation
- How to Make Tea
- Tincture Information
- Storage of Your Herbal Products
written by Pam Caldwell
Certified Herbalist --- Fertility, Pregnancy, Birth, Postpartum & Lactation Specialist